Happy Friday friends!
1. First and foremost. Let’s have a talk about this gorgeous drink above because it’s the weekend, and we can do that sorta thing.
Yup. I know.
Definitely the stuff that dreams are made of.
After coming back from my vacation, I’ve been on a recipe binge. Napa is FULL of amazing restaurants, and I really indulged on this trip with tons of fabulous food and wine [detox/cleanse needed]. Now, I can’t even think of going out for dinner for at least a few weeks, and I’m feeling the need for some good home cooking. This pretty lil’ drink is going to be made for a few 4th of July BQQs that I’m headed to this weekend! I love that, instead of a sweet white or red wine, it calls for Chardonnay! Because, Chards are ALL the rage right now in wine country. No more Paula Deen Chardonnay (chards are usually super buttery and oaky), all the cool winemakers are making really crisp and fresh tasting ones in steel barrels instead of oak. Love it!
2. Free People is hitting it out of the park with all of their new arrivals for summer. My bank account is hating me, but my closet is loving me. I picked up some dresses that I know will be able to take me from summer to fall! Like this flirty purple number and this mustard colored one that I can’t wait to pair with some high boots!
3. Have you ever been dreading to finish a book? That’s how I feel about The Queen of the Tearling. I mentioned it in my last Weekly Edit, but now that I have finished the first one and am on to the sequel that just came out, I don’t want it to end! It’s definitely not a Young Adult fiction [even though I love those! No judge], but it’s not gory or ridiculous. It’s kind of like Hunger Games mixed with Khaleesi from Game of Thrones but doesn’t get all Lord of the Rings-ish, if that makes ANY sense at all. If you’re looking for a quick and great summer read, I totally suggest it!
4. I’ve been moving around so much these past few months that packing for each destination has been a hassle. I’ve either brought jeans and never wear them or brought shorts and wish that I had brought sweats instead [Sidenote: San Francisco was freezing! Currently dealing with the nice cold I caught there. Taught me my lesson on not checking the weather]. That’s why I’ve been sticking to maxi dresses and skirts. This one is perfect for unpredictable climates and such a fun color!
5. Since the weather has gotten warmer and stickier, I’ve put my heavier foundation aside and been using a BB cream or a tinted moisturizer. I just tried out this one and am hooked! It’s on the pricier side, so I can’t say I’m entirely happy that I love it – but it’s done wonders for my skin, and I’m always okay with splurging when it comes to skincare! Here’s another one my of my favorite less expensive options and one of my standby go-tos.
Anyone have any fabulous beach read recommendations? I always love talking about good reads!