peeks at my NYFW!
strong shoe game & the gorgeously done pool at rSNYFW party…that everyone prayed they didn’t fall into.
1. I’m skincare obsessed. There is no other way to put it. I’ve found a routine that works wonders for my sensitive/acne-prone skin [that I’ll post about soon!], but I’m always on the lookout for new products. If you’re still unsure about your skin type read this article. All you need is a freshly washed face and a tissue!
2. Speaking of skincare, I recently found out that makeup wipes aren’t good for you [?!? read this article to find out why they are basically the devil]. That was all it took. I’ve started removing my makeup with this amazing oil for the past week, and haven’t looked back since. It’s on the pricier side, but I use only about 1-1 1/2 pumps a night to make it last longer.
3. It’s fall. I’m on board with everything pumpkin. BUT, a few months ago while A and I were in Napa, we had the most amazing apple butter of my life at Robert Sinskey Winery [highly recommend!]. *Side story: we actually went there on my birthday, and the guy who was in charge of our tasting had the exact.same.birthday. We made some joke about it being my birthday, and he said “yeah, it’s my birthday too.” So, being super East Coast cynical, I was all like “yeah, right.” But y’all. It really was his birthday. He showed me his ID. #embarrassed* Anyway, they served amazing small bites during our tasting, and one of them was whole wheat crackers with a slice of extra sharp cheddar topped with the apple butter. I’ve been searching for a recipe ever since, and stumbled upon this crockpot one that I’ll be making this weekend!
4. Sweater weather is almost upon us and I’m fairly certain I’ve found the perfect one for every/any occasion. Dress it up, dress it down, take a nap in it…you name it, this sweater can do it. Plus it’s under $70!
5. I love a good plaid. But a lot of the time it’s difficult finding one that fits perfectly. Rails is my favorite brand when it comes to plaid, but girls gotta have a more affordable option. When I saw this $44 one I threw it in my [online] cart immediately. It’s long enough that you can wear it with leggings or denim and it doesn’t have those annoying buttons on the sleeves to hold them in place [majjjor pet peeve!].
Shop my online favorites this week!